Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sharing the Limelight

Today, I'm grateful to fellow writer Raine Delight for inviting me to guest post on her blog. (Visit us at authorrainedelight.com) One of the best things about genre writing (mystery, romance, etc.) is the people you meet––writers, readers, publishers, and booksellers. In my experience, most of them eagerly help writers succeed by sharing information, contacts, expertise, and promotional opportunities. 

Instead of viewing other authors as competitors, genre writers usually consider one another as colleagues and believe that a rising tide floats all boats. Guest blogging is a great way to meet new readers and introduce them to your work. Different voices also keep a blog fresh and varied. By cross-pollinating in this way and combining our resources, we can all benefit. I hope to soon feature some of my fellow authors on this site––stay tuned.

4 comments:

Adele said...

cool. Having different voices can certainly keep things fresher and more fun and guest blogging is a wonderful way to share readership and shake things up a little. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. :)

Chloe Waits said...

Hello Skye, I tried to find the other blog you mentioned in your Raine interview but could not link to it...? It brought up something else...

Skye Alexander said...

Thanks, Hagelrat. Your blog is a terrific forum for your fellow authors. I'd love to have you guest blog on my site if you're interested.

Skye Alexander said...

Sorry you had trouble, Chloe. I tried the link from Raine Delight's site and it took me to a bible study site (weird, wonder how that happened?) Anyway, I hope you'll try again--just enter the address instead of going via the link: magickmurdersex.blogspot.com and I think it will work. It's a new site, so there's not much on it yet, but that will change. Maybe you'd like to add something as a fellow writer?

Thanks for your interest!